Tools for the Inventor
Objective: To help facilitate open source technologies that will increase the quality of life for all and to enhance the wellbeing of our dynamic ecosystems.
How? The objective is achieved by providing or:
- Linking to an environment of sharing technologies within an open source framework
- Open discussions which can also be used as a resource
- Guides (manuals, documents, professional and amateur assistance)
- Utilizing shop tools, creating tools or gigs, tool acquisition - reviews and tool safety
- Creation of a function for a device
- Processes of experimenting
- Free access plans when possible
- Providing a donation channel for the individual inventor or modifier to create a means of sustainability
12-year-old engineer invents device to combat ocean microplastic pollution
Du created an underwater remotely operated vehicle that uses infrared light to detect, photograph and help remove microplastics from marine environments without harming living creatures.
“Plastics are already a huge problem, and then there are microplastics,” Du told AccuWeather. “When fish eat it, they get a toxin called bisphenol A inside their bodies, and even if they poop the plastics out, they still keep the toxin inside of them.”
The health of humans also faces detrimental impacts from consuming plastic-contaminated fish. source: https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/6th-grader-invents-device-to-combat-ocean-microplastic-pollution/70005513?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=mixi&utm_campaign=accuweather
The Fixers Using Recycled Laptop Batteries to Power Their Homes
The rechargeable batteries in your laptop, your cell phone, your headphones: all of these can be used to power your life and take you off the grid. DIY Powerwalls – rechargeable lithium-ion battery installations, made from recycled batteries – are the future of power, whether you know it or not. discover more
go to the DIY Battery Technology
Joule Thief is a self oscillating voltage booster
Download the circuit here:http://goo.gl/rjuUGb
The Myth on Capacitor Polarity / Are Your Capacitors Installed Backwards?
SOLN1 25 Kit
- 10Ah VersionSolar Pak using Ultra Capacitor and Joule Thief